David Trant Folk Art woodcarvings and sculptures.

My photo
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
Born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, I graduated from OCAD in Toronto, back in the early 90's and have been working as a sculptor and a painter ever since. I started out as a landscape painter, but over the past 20 years, my main focus has been woodcarving, and what I like to call "Pop culture folk art". Think, Folk-Art, meets Fine Art, meets Bugs Bunny. This comes from East coast roots, being around wooden boats, and growing up in a big city, with all its influences. Originally working in clay, before switching to wood, I applied many of the same techniques, and developed what I like to call..."The Mr. Potato-Head, school of woodcarving. Basically, I make a big shape, and stick parts onto it. I sell in a number of great galleries, and take commissions. I currently live and work at my studio in Port Perry, Ontario, where I make strange, and fun stuff out of wood, using big, loud, dangerous power-tools and sharp objects. Check out the links below, to galleries that carry my work throughout the year. For information about my work, or commissions, contact me at dtrant@powergate.ca

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New painting. "The sick day" Acrylic on wood panel. 12x16


No comments:

Post a Comment